Where to find standard supported dark theme?

I think I remember there was a dark standard theme and light theme. I had a problem with other themes and at one point the dark theme. So I created my own off the dark theme and made css changes and deleted it.

Now with the new changes I want to make sure the standard theme is working correctly still but I dont see where the standard dark theme is and how to add it back. Light theme is there but dont want to use it.

On a new install, what you get right now is:

1. a default theme

1. various default color schemes:

So in my understanding, the default dark theme is the default theme & the default dark color scheme.

If you did adjustments already you might need to check the value of default dark mode color scheme id in your general admin settings:

Another small quirk to note is that there’s no default light color scheme listed on the backend. When you pick “+ New” to create a new color palette, the default light scheme is used as a basis though. So if you want to see the color values of the default light scheme on the backend you’d need to add it manually.

2 Likes

Thanks. Where is the github to re-upload the default theme then so it can update as the site changes?

Someone please correct me if that’s wrong but I believe the “Default” theme is just an empty theme that doesn’t modify any style declarations from Discourse core.

So if you need a new empty theme, just create a new one:

1 Like

That gives me “created by me” and doesnt link to anywhere. So if my other was based on a default then it shouldn’t give me warnings about compatibility with ember 5 and put me in safe mode.

The warnings have since cleared and safe mode but I wanted to make sure this is fixed before some other issue happens and Im not available to work on it.