Which "seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?" is the right one to change?

I wonder whether the default wording should be changed from:

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

OK

It needs to explain that it’s just not accepting what the user has written.

The “OK” option is ambiguous. It would be understandable for a user to think of it as an answer to the question (“Yes, the sentence is OK”). Well, that’s what I thought anyway and it annoyed me enough to write this… I’ll customise the text on my forum next.

Or maybe there could be two options, one for going back and rewording and one for submitting anyway.

To be fair I was typing a load of rubbish in a test category so it’s not a big deal :slight_smile:

Which of these need to be changed? And where else are they used (worried about unintended consequences)? Thanks

is_invalid

seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

errors.messages.is_invalid

activemodel.errors.messages.is_invalid

activerecord.errors.messages.is_invalid

3 Likes

Someone “liked” the post above today which reminded me that it contains an unanswered question :slight_smile:

I have added the field names to the text on my test site:

And the one that pops up when I jam some garble in a test user’s post is:

Is that the one you’re looking for?

3 Likes

The post quality monitor is a huge asset, as it will tighten up the standards and possibly encourage the shiftless and lazy to take their skills elsewhere until they come closer to par.

Revising these seems sensible. I think the problem is that incomplete sentences is only one of easily a dozen triggers that could awaken the message prompt. In fact, run-on sentences (overly-complete sentences) are more likely until we restore some punctuation habits back into our upcoming generations.

Either a more generic suggestion or a list of triggers in the detection code would make more sense than that one shot in the dark.

Perhaps…
"Body seems unclear. Can it be improved?"

1 Like

Yes I think so, thanks. What are the other three messages for?

1 Like

I’m afraid I still haven’t worked this out. :slight_smile: But I’ll give it a little bump to see if anyone else in the community can flesh out some details. :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like