Will suspending a user send them an email?

I’m going to suspend a couple of users for various reasons. They’re long gone from the community and I would like for them to not come back, so I was thinking about suspending them. However, I don’t want them to turn into trolls by sending an email informing them that they’re now suspended.

If I suspend them but not add a custom email message, will they get notified of the suspension via email? I know they can still see that they’re suspended when they try to login.

1 Like

No it doesn’t send them an email message.

1 Like

Didn’t you answer your own queston, here? I can confirm: if you opt not to add an email message, no email is sent.

In general I agree with you that it’s better to keep this quiet, because loss aversion has such a powerful negative effect on people – and that’s why the defaults around suspension don’t send special notification to the suspended user.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming it. I thought that if I didn’t provide a reason, the system would send a generic email (like when you silence and don’t set a message). I’m glad it’s not the case :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.