Summary: A Word Cloud that abstractly summarises the content of your site.
https://github.com/merefield/discourse-word-cloud Word Cloud Plugin
Install: Follow the plugin installation guide.
Represents the posts of your community as a Word Cloud summary. The words are animated and if clicked will perform a simple word search.
Get to it by hitting
Word Cloud on the Hamburger menu or navigating to
yoursite.com/word_cloud - NB you have to be logged in as a registered user to see it and it’s only on desktop.
To refresh data, Trigger the job:
Otherwise this runs every hour.
My intention was just to paint a picture.
If you want to see the data, just go to
Settings … so … many … settings:
- Restrict to specific Categories:
- Word Cloud Ignore List (300 words by default, using a list I found here ):
NB Word stats are updated every hour now (which is probably still excessive, but for the time being makes it easier to checkout changes in Production as we go through a lot of initial code evolution).
NB#2 I’ve not yet considered other languages here beyond English (it’s certainly not tested). The current word manipulation may not work well in some languages. Suggestions & PR’s welcome.
If you select no Category (default) you get a scan of all forum Posts (PMs and all). If you add just one Category, word stats are restricted to that etc.
- It may not support other languages. I’ve only tested English. PR Welcome.
- The menu item has localisation support, but if no-one has yet PR’d your localisation yet, please consider doing so or otherwise it will remain a key code …
- It’s not responsive to layout. This is the main reason mobile is not currently supported. This is tricky with D3 and expensive computationally.
The visualisation is based on the awesome d3 library
The work was inspired and guided by the feedback of the great people in this Topic: Word cloud plugin for discourse?
If you like this you might also like my: