Wordpress Discourse Widgets Plugin Not Working

The WordPress Discourse Widgets plugin is not working.

Can anyone here suggest a way of fixing it, maybe by editing it’s files ?

2 Likes

Not sure why that one is no longer working, but you may want to try this one instead:

It’s created by @simon who is on the Discourse team and made the official WP Discourse plugin. In other words, more actively maintained / supported and likely to continue working for the long run!

2 Likes

A year ago, before I started working for Discourse, I did quite a lot of work on the plugin’s discourse_topics shortcode. I’m quite happy with the way it works. As far as I know, that is the shorcode that people are using. I’m unsure about the current state of the discourse_groups and discourse_prefilled_message shortcodes. I’ll take a look at them as soon as possible.

The topic that you linked to is very out of date. I’ll clean it up this week.

4 Likes

are these the only 2 plugins?

Hello! I got this plugin working. (well…sort of*)

What was your issue? In my case, this is the output the widget gave me after configuring:

Something went wrong: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: myforum.comlatest.json

The simple fix for this was to add a slash in the widget settings at the end of forum’s URL, so instead of myforumsurl.com you type in myforumsurl.com/ as it seems there is a simple typo in the plugin itself. The plugin calls for myforumsurl.com/latest.json.

HOVEVER as I’ve mentioned in the beginning, I got it sorta working, but not really. The widget is only visible to my admin account, it disappears as I log out, it isn’t showing for lower level accounts either. I have no idea how to fix this one. Good luck.

1 Like

me too.
pls fix it.
thx

The plugin at Discourse Widgets – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org is not maintained by the Discourse team. It was last updated 3 years ago. I would not recommend installing it on your site.

1 Like