Wordpress integration where WP comments are replaced with Discourse Posts

[What would you like done?
I want to replace the comment section with Discourse posts. So let’s say the Wordpress post is in the #cars category. I would want a button under the post that says “Ask a Question”

Then the user writes the topic post and the post is created under the Wordpress post and also added in the #cars category. Then a topic post is created under WP post.

So it’s a little different than the usual WP integration where one post is created with the blog title and then all comments go into the discourse post. I want multiple discourse posts under one Wordpress post.

So if the Wordpress blog post is about a BMW car. The discourse posts underneath could be “What’s the best oil for this BMW” and another “I’m having an issue with my transmission”

I have a mock-up if this I can send.

When do you need it done? Within a month.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task? $150… sorry for the low budget.]

If I’m understanding this correctly, a Discourse topic will be created when the user clicks the “Ask a Question” plugin. The biggest issue I see with this is making sure the person who submits the question has permission to create the topic on Discourse. The easiest way to deal with that would be to have users on your WordPress site log into your Discourse site with DiscourseConnect. Are you currently using DiscourseConnect to log users into Discourse via WordPress? Also, will users be required to be logged into WordPress before they can ask the question?

It might be helpful if you could post your mockup here. It would also be helpful to know what theme you are using on your WordPress site.

Yeah that’s quite low. I’m wondering if there’s a way to simplify your requirements so that the work could be doable for somewhere in that range.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. You are correct in all of your assumptions. SSO will need to be used when the main account is created.

Here is the mockup:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.