Wrong images displayed on screen overlay

On Android, discourse sometimes displays the wrong images when navigating through multiple images in a post (in the screen layover that pops up when tapping an image).

In this post, for example, I get several images from the stock material theme instead of the daemonite ones included in the post:

Repro … click [image] above :arrow_double_up:

1 Like

Can you repro @tgxworld?

1 Like

Easy repro, happens when oneboxing a local topic containing images

2 Likes

Hm, I can’t repro this by clicking on [image] above. I can only repro by actually visiting the topic and clicking on an actual image there. (BTW: it’s not specific to mobile but also happens on desktop)

It is a repro, the issue you are seeing is that “quoted” images are in the carousel.

Ah, I see. The this issue is perhaps a bit more complicated than I thought, because I think it’s not a bad idea to have quoted images pop up when you click [Image]. So would it be possible to have that without adding them to the carousel? Perhaps there could be a separate carousel for each post?

its quite a simple fix, [image] really should not be a hyperlink.

1 Like

So if you remove the hyperlink, that fixes it? Aren’t the images just hidden and will nevertheless be in the carousel?

If you remove the hyperlinks, what will happen when I unfold the quoted post, revealing the images? Will the then be in the carousel but disappear again when I collapse the quote again?