Yandex smtp mail not send

DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS: smtp.yandex.com.tr
DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT: 587
DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME: admin@form.gelcoz.tk
DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD: "pass"
DISCOURSE_SMTP_ENABLE_START_TLS: true           # (optional, default true)

I made these adjustments but no mail is sent
Error:553 5.7.1 Sender address rejected: not owned by auth user.

I found an old email from Yandex when I was texting to solve this problem. Here it may be useful.

The “Sender address rejected: not owned by user” error that occurs when sending a letter indicates an attempt to send a letter using someone else’s or another mailbox. There are two situations in which such an error can occur:

• In case the letter is sent with the indication of another mailbox, but within the same domain.
  • If the letter is sent with the indication of a different mailbox using a different domain.

Please note: the error will indicate the mailbox in which the authorization was performed, and the mailbox that will be indicated as the sender:

(5.7.1 <admin@example.com>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user mail@example.com)
  • admin@example.com - the mailbox in which the authorization was performed.
  • mail@example.com is the mailbox specified as the sender.

My solution was that one e-mail was specified everywhere. This e-mail is registered on Yandex. Connect.

3 Likes

Do you have yandex configured to send mail from noreply@form.gelcoz.tk?

1 Like

I guess no, how can I?

You would ask yandex how to configure their mail server.

Or, if you know what address it will send from then you can follow the instructions at the end of app.yml to change the notification_email (or set it in the web interface since it seems you’ve logged in).