YouTube Timestamps Component

Converts timestamps within a post, to timestamp hyperlinks to the post’s (otherwise the topic’s) associated YouTube video.

See it in action here

Note: Firefox is currently unsupported.

13 Likes

Seems like a great plugin. Unless I am misunderstanding the plugin’s purpose, the example topics you’ve supplied don’t seem to be displaying the links as timestamps though.

5 Likes

Which browser are you using? Has been working fine for me on chrome and safari.

1 Like

I used Firefox to test this out. I can confirm that viewing in chrome does work though.

Looking in dev tools for FireFox this is whats rendered in html for each timestamp:

<li>
<p>0:00 - what are the constants of experience?</p>
</li>

In chrome, this is whats rendered:

<li>
<p><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXZSeiAl4PI&amp;t=0s" title="View the video yXZSeiAl4PI at 00s">00s</a> — recap of jung, archetypes</p>
</li>
3 Likes

So checked the console in Firefox and got SyntaxError: invalid regexp group errors.

Turns out Firefox doesn’t supported named capture groups for regular expressions:

Going to mark Firefox as unsupported, however seems they are working on it - perhaps will land by the end of the year looking at current progress on their side.

Will update the readmes accordingly, thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

@jordan.vidrine

An update on Firefox support. The functionality has landed in the upcoming Firefox v78 which will be released next week:

3 Likes