Post Created / Edited Trigger for Send PMs Automation

I want a private message to be sent, as long as the user types a keyword in a specific category.

That is, I have the category “contests” and if the user writes a keyword that he left in the topic, for example “win5”, the bot automatically sends him a message with the steps to follow.

I want to do it this way, to prevent visitors from participating, and force them to register in the forum.

2 Likes

Why not use category permissions and a group for this?

because then the visitors, who for example come for SEO, will have no idea about the active contests on the forum

I guess I don’t understand exactly what your contests look like. The search crawlers aren’t going to see the DMs, either.

Can you describe the contest format in more detail?

1 Like

Considering my website is cryptocurrency.

I plan to give them away, and an easy way is through “red envelopes” on binance and other exchanges. In this sense, they are codes that are “Claimable” by the number of people that I indicate.

So, if I give away, for example, $100 to 50 people, but that code is public for guests, and really only 5 forum users redeemed it, there’s no point, right? What I want is that if it is for 50 people, it should be 50 registered users of the forum. Therefore, I want the contest to be public, but to see the code you must register.

Matt’s suggested approach works for this:

In your giveaway topic, link to a topic in a category that only logged in users may view, and explain next to the link users need to be logged in to view it.

I’ve used this very method to solicit feedback from neighborhood residences for city planning: we included polls for data collection, and linked to a topic with “prizes” (various links/coupons) provided by the city. We generated a decent pool of respondents that was easy to follow up with. :+1:

2 Likes