Does `disable tags edit notifications` work?

It looks like there was a commit after this topic was created (and those run-throughs were tested out) that fixed the behaviour:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/17499

I think it should now work as expected (and possibly in tandem with disable category edit notifications) to skip sending out notifications if a tag is added to a topic. :+1:

I suppose I better give it a fresh test run… :slight_smile:

  • Toggle on disable tags edit notifications :white_check_mark:
  • Set test user to Watching topicA
  • Add a tag to topicA
  • No notification is sent :partying_face:

  • Toggle off disable tags edit notifications
  • Set test user to Watching topicB
  • Add a tag to topicB
  • Edit notification is sent :partying_face:

It got a bit muddled when I tried to toggle on/off the setting and test on only one topic, so I think there must be some ‘folding up of the notifications and not retrying duplicates’ of some sort? But I think that should be working as expected now. :+1: