Disable topic edit notifications

(Jesse Perry) #1

Hey all - is there anyway to disable the notifications that users see if their topic was edited, particularly if it was edited by an admin?

I regularly edit topics, spelling, etc. And Discourse notifying a user of that is… awkward. Anyway to disable this?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Not that I know of, no. It’s an unusual request.

(David Collantes) #3

Aha, I found another as fastidious as me! I would like to see a toggle for this as well.

(Jesse Perry) #4

For the record, whenever you’ve edited my posts here, I’ve always thought “hmm… what did I do wrong? Why did he edit my post?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And what made me ask this is someone on my site asked why I edited it. It’s just awkward and if it could be easily hidden that would be :ok_hand:

(Sam Saffron) #5

I think a “better” solution here would be to force an edit reason and then alert with that.

So, instead of:

edit glyph: topic title

It would be:

edit glyph: Jeff: fix typo, title link

Downside is that we would have to cull lengths to something sane.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

I do not feel this is a better solution.

(James North) #7

I have a private business forum and often edit clients’ posts so that things like Onebox work properly (youtube links that aren’t on a clear line etc).

The idea of the forum is to be an accurate record of business discussions and requests, so sometimes clients wonder why I’d be editing their posts.

I’d love this as a feature/option.