Hello, I have created a private category accessible only to members of a group, but I would like this category to be visible to everyone, that is to say even to members who do not belong to this group.
How do I do it?
Thanks
Yann
Publicly display a private category
Yann76 wants to make a private category visible to everyone, but only allow access to members of a specific group. Jagster suggested adjusting the category’s security settings, but this didn’t work for Yann76.
Jagster provided a screenshot of the correct settings, which includes allowing reading access to the “everybody” group, but Yann76 still couldn’t get it to work.
Yann76 clarified that they want to make all categories visible to everyone, but restrict access to some. Jagster replied that this is what security settings are for, and Yann76 needs to set them for each category.
Merefield suggested using the Category Previews component to achieve this, and then recommended posting on the topic to get more help.
Hello, I have created a private category accessible only to members of a group, but I would like this category to be visible to everyone, that is to say even to members who do not belong to this group.
How do I do it?
Thanks
Yann
Open settings of that category and then security. You should allow reading to everyone and starting topics and answering to that group.
Can you take screenshot of security settings of that category?
(I slide this to Support …)
This might be what you are looking for?
I’m guessing livres is books in english, and it is name of a group.
You are now allowing reading and answering to group livres, nothing else.
You can do something like this (so sorry, it is in finnish):
guru can read, answer and start a topiceverybody and that is what you are looking for: no matter what’s the status is everyone can readCan similar one work to you?
Yes, but it doesn’t work for me. I still can’t make a category visible to everyone and block it if someone is not in the associated group
Thanks Jakke, but that’s not what I’m looking for. I want to make all my categories visible to everyone, but restrict access to some.
As we all have to do. That’s why we have security settings there. You must set them as you want, category after category.
I suggest posting on that topic. That’s what that component is meant to do.