Hmmm, must be a branch thing. (eg. stable ?)
The latest version is 1.7.0beta7
I have only localhost development installs and don’t have a live forum so I can afford to take chances that things might break.
I guess it’s a trade off. It takes a while for “cutting edge” changes to make it into the stable branch. so the choice is to either wait or be prepared for possible breakage.
Sounds risky I know. but I think if you visit here often you’ll see reports of problems (so you can hold off on upgrading for a while) and though there are a few tenacious bugs, major issues are resolved very quickly.
Of course the safest thing would be to have both live and staged installs so you could test on staging before swapping it to live.