I did a lot of weird, don’t-do-this-at-home moderation to make this happen, therefore I don’t feel right reporting it as a bug, but I figured I should at least try document my actions and let anyone interested have a look at the outcome:
- I started out with a thread that had 3 replies that I split off into a new thread.
- I then realised that these 3 replies could have been merged into an existing thread instead,
- so I moved them again, this time all 3 posts comprising their own topic, into an existing one.
- Lastly, it turned out a post had been made to the original topic while I was exercising my volatile moderation rights. The 3-replies series was actually 4-replies, so I moved that one as well.
Here’s the end result:
Doesn’t look that weird at first but:
- This is the first of the 3 (eventually 4) posts that were moved. If you click to unfold its reply, it comes up empty.
- The second one is pointing to the 1st topic, which is wrong because it was originally a reply to the post directly before it.
- The third one is OK, followed by my reply.
- The fourth is replying to something that doesn’t exist.