A question re the Solved plugin and Badge SQL

Hi everyone,

I’m planning on installing the Discourse Solved (Accepted answer plugin) tomorrow morning but I have a question around the awarding of badges to users for having posted answers when they get marked as solved.

I wanted to have a full understanding of how this works before I embark on deployment to my Discourse, but I can’t seem to find a single topic which explains the process to me in full.

My understanding thus far is:

1. Install the plugin
  2. Rebuild the app
  3. Enable the hidden Badge SQL via the console options
  4. Create some new badges, I wish for three:
  • Bronze = First accepted answer
  • Silver = 10x accepted answers
  • Gold = 25x accepted answers
  1. Copy and paste the Badge SQL from here - IN TO WHERE?
  2. Edit the SQL and change > 9 to be > 24 in order to allow for my Gold ‘25x solved badge’

What I can’t seem to work out is how do I then ‘link’ the badges I’ve created, to the Badge SQL code?

I’ve not yet enabled the Badge SQL feature so perhaps it will become apparent then, but I’m guessing there must be a way in which I can choose which badge gets assigned for the sql?

Is my bronze/silver/gold badge wish possible?

And last but not least, if my understanding of this is correct, the recipients of the badges will only receive them on a daily cron job, they’re not instant. Is this job in place as part of a wider job, or do I need to also create this job?

Thanks in advance for any insight and advice!

1 Like

Until you enable the sql you can’t use sql.

You can have badges triggered by posts so they are awarded immediately.

2 Likes

No, that’s ok, I’m happy for them to be issued automatically on a daily basis.

I just wanted to know if there was anything else I had to do in order to enable this to happen.

1 Like

To answer my own question:

No, there wasn’t :blush:

2 Likes