A way to trigger auto-tagging across all topics for a new watched word

Concerning auto-tagging using watched words:

Is there any way to trigger auto-tagging across all topics for a new watched word?
Looks like currently when I install auto-tag for a watched word, it applies to new topics, but not to old ones.

I found this thread: Watched words triggered when editing old posts, which lists re-triggering of watched word actions as a bug; I am looking for a way to retrigger watched word auto-tagging as a feature.

I’m new here; sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

3 Likes

Hey, no worries! I’m really glad you posted this here since it highlights that I need to update this topic to include information about the new auto-tagging feature!

With that said, I am not sure about your question at the moment. There are definitely ways to run commands from the rails console to accomplish something similar. See Administrative Bulk Operations for example. Would that work for you?

If not, your best bet would be to open a #feature topic with a request to extend the auto-tagging feature with an option to retroactively auto-tag topics.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.