Ability to set 'Remind me' topic timer has disappeared...?

On our hosted instance, I just tried to set myself a reminder on a topic for tomorrow. I find that I have half a dozen new timer options, but not the one I’ve been using for years…?
Selection_999(259)

1 Like

Reminders have now been merged into the bookmarks feature, so that all users can benefit from them (not just staff). You can find some more info here:

5 Likes

It seems that I must manually un-bookmark topics whose timers have gone off?

1 Like

Yes, or you can click the :gear: when creating the bookmark and set it to auto-delete

5 Likes

Just stumbled myself over this problem.

To me it is maximum counter intuitive to place reminders under bookmarks.
If someone wants to set a reminder, he wants to set a reminder, not a bookmark.
If someone wants to set a bookmark, he wants to set a bookmark (like in your browser, i.e. forever, no timely limits), not a reminder.

No doubt that this could be a usefull function for users, but please not under bookmarks.

Can you change that please so that reminders are not shown under bookmarks?

Thanks!

Edit: Reason for my lack of understanding for this change: I’m an admin and I have the option to set a “Topic timer”. I use this to remind me of topics that need attention. To me it is intuitive to have reminders under “Topic timer”.
It is not intuitive to me to have a reminder under Bookmarks.

3 Likes

This will not be changing. If that is unacceptable to you, you may wish to find other free open source software to use.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.