About the categories displayed on the menu tab

Thanks to everyone, I was able to release the website the other day! Thank you!

Can I display child categories in the category column in the menu tab?

Discourse example

It’s a little difficult to track down the setting that controls this, but in order to get a category’s subcategories to show on the hamburger menu, you will need to change a setting in the relevant category. Here are the steps:

1. Navigate to the parent category
  2. Click on the 44%20PM button to open the category settings
  3. Go to the Settings section of the window
  4. Uncheck the setting called Show subcategory list above topics in this category.

You will need to do this for each category in order to show its subcategories on the hamburger menu.

Let me know if you need me to clarify anything :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks for the detailed explanation!
I was able to display the sub category in the hamburger menu.
However, I would like to display the subcategories on the parent category page as well, is it possible?

1 Like

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like that it is currently possible. It seems as though the display of one is dependent on hiding the other. There is discussion about this in the topic below:

1 Like

I think that it is quite good to display sub categories on both hamburger menu and category page😩

It kind of depends on how many categories there are and what one would consider being “too many” doesn’t it?

The category drop down in the second level header has scroll, the hamburger menu does not. With a large number of categories the hamburger menu could get very tall.

3 Likes