Activate enterprise version of Docker?

Since I needed to manually rebuild the Discourse image anyway for the current upgrade, I took the opportunity to do the:

wget -qO- https://get.docker.com/ | sh

for docker upgrades as well. This appeared to go OK, but there was a note near the end of the script about doing an “activate” command to enable the Enterprise version with signature checking. I did not do this – I did not run an activate command at the end of the process. Right? Wrong?

Also, as ordered in the upgrade process for this upgrade, I just did:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

This began with:
Unable to find image ‘discourse/base:2.0.20190217’ locally

then a bunch of downloads and pulls, and ended with
Status: Downloaded newer image for discourse/base:2.0.20190217

However, I’ve seen no actual build and I’m still on my old Discourse image, which is still saying that update is required. I must have missed a step somewhere. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Turns out I needed to do:

./launcher rebuild app

a SECOND time to actually trigger the rebuild and restart. This went OK.

I’d still like to know if I should have run the “activate” command on that docker update noted above. Thanks!

No, that activate command has to do with upgrading to the paid enterprise version of Docker, I think.

3 Likes

If you have docker-ce then you can just update docker with

apt upgrade
1 Like

Yeah, I actually did the docker update both ways and it appears that all is well now (Docker Engine Community version). Going forward I’ll just let apt take care of it along with all the other Ubuntu packages. Thanks.

1 Like