I am looking for some way how to create the activity summary e-mails on demand, not automatically and not based on the individual activity of the visiting (or not-visiting) user.
Background: we have a discourse instance with about 1,1k active users and about 1,5k posts per week. But there are a number of users “outside Discourse” who still prefer classic mailing lists (based on GNU mailman), for various reasons.
The goal is to use the nicely formatted and information-rich activity e-mails as an “appetizer mail” to gain more interest for the Discourse-based discussions. Especially among those users who still prefer “old school” classic mailing lists (because they don’t know yet that Disocurse is much more powerful ;-=)) ).
- activity e-mail should be creatable “on demand”
- format should be either static html or as a pdf file
- administrators or moderators should be able to create these activity mails and forward them to users “outside” of the group of regular Discouse users (e.g. by posting it to a classic mailing list).
- the content of the activity summary e-mail should be variable, based on either categories or topics
- it should be limited to a particular time window (e.g. only include activity which appeared last week)
a) is something like this already possible, eg. with some specialized API requests?
b) If not, what needs to be done to get this implemented?
Thanks for some info/feedback