Your site don’t use HTTPS and it’s a requirement for the app
Thanks, It is HTTPS, I checked in Google chrome, is there something more specific that may be at fault?
How did you determine that? It appears to use HTTPS to me, the “Force HTTPS” setting is enabled, and the certificate is valid until April, 2018.
That’s what I see if I click the link in the OP (using Firefox)
Have you configured the redirect from HTTP to HTTPS?
I clicked the link and the http version loaded.
That’s peculiar. I can reproduce in Firefox. It used to have a letsencrypt.org certificate, until we started using Fastly, as per the official recommendations. The instructions followed were these. Given the “Force HTTPS” option, I never considered this. The website got all A+ scores on Qualys’.
I thought the redirection to be provided out of the box, would it be required to configure the
web.ssl.template.yml to do this properly?
I set up a request setting to force TLS, as per this guide.
$ curl -I -L "http://community.chakralinux.org" HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: nginx Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff X-Discourse-Route: categories/index Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, private X-Request-Id: 8711a2e1-8f03-43e2-b591-3f210d9136da X-Runtime: 0.200937 X-Discourse-TrackView: 1 Referrer-Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000 Transfer-Encoding: chunked Accept-Ranges: bytes Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:05:06 GMT Via: 1.1 varnish Age: 0 Connection: keep-alive X-Served-By: cache-bma7022-BMA X-Cache: MISS X-Cache-Hits: 0 X-Timer: S1500642307.597531,VS0,VE236 Vary: Accept-Encoding
$ curl -I -L "http://community.chakralinux.org" HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently Server: Varnish Retry-After: 0 Location: https://community.chakralinux.org/ Content-Length: 0 Accept-Ranges: bytes Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:46:13 GMT Via: 1.1 varnish Connection: close X-Served-By: cache-bma7022-BMA X-Cache: HIT X-Cache-Hits: 0 X-Timer: S1500644774.956754,VS0,VE2 HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: nginx Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff X-Discourse-Route: categories/index Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, private X-Request-Id: fb53fb0c-936e-459e-8154-b8ca0176db35 X-Runtime: 0.222025 X-Discourse-TrackView: 1 Referrer-Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000 Transfer-Encoding: chunked Accept-Ranges: bytes Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:46:14 GMT Via: 1.1 varnish Age: 0 Connection: keep-alive X-Served-By: cache-bma7022-BMA X-Cache: MISS X-Cache-Hits: 0 X-Timer: S1500644774.126033,VS0,VE256 Vary: Accept-Encoding
Did you pay to have Fastly support SSL for your site? Last I looked, it was expensive and looked cumbersome to configure.
They provide us with a TLS wildcard certificate. I have no frame of reference when it comes to the pricing and configuration learning curve, so I can’t comment on that.
curl and Firefox both appear to be redirected as they should. I installed the Discourse application on my Huawei “Nexus 6P” phone which runs Android 7.1.2, and trying to add the URL
community.chakralinux.org does produce the error “community.chakralinux.org was not found!”. The Discourse installation is version v1.9.0.beta4 +126.
I have difficult to add my forum too (“was not found”).
I’ve just upgraded the forum to the very latest version of discourse (v1.9.0.beta4 +196) and now I can add my site to the app. (Huawei Y6II)
I upgraded the installation:
# cd /var/discourse # git pull # ./launcher rebuild app
The version is now
v1.9.0.beta4 +196, and when visiting
/admin/upgrade everything is listed as “Up to date”. I reinstalled the Discourse application on my phone and tried adding the website to it again, but it still returns the same error, “[url] was not found!”. Adding this site (meta) works just fine.
Is there a way to enable verbose error logging or output from the Discourse application, in order to troubleshoot this further? I tried looking in
/logs but when making the request (pressing to add the site) nothing pops up.
Just a quick note: I will investigate those issues next week.
@totte Site says error 503 on my desktop, restarted pc and router , no change,
5 mins later, now says site is in maintenance
Edit. Not looked for a while but at midnight it’s back up but still can’t use discourse app.
I get the feeling that this could be related to our Fastly configuration. I don’t know whether the following is relevant or not, but I have not completed this (serving message bus from the origin, and setting the long polling base url):
fastly.template.yml is included (by me) in the
app.yml configuration file, a quick edit to comment it out, and a rebuild later, I am still unable to add the site in the Android application. I did not, however, reinstall it, or clear the cache, or anything like that on the Android device.
@joffreyjaffeux I’m a bit wary of what details can be shared or not, but would be happy to provide them in a private message, should it be required.
@robgriff444 I upgraded and rebuilt the installation yesterday, presumably at the same moment when you tried to access the website. I might arrange for an explanatory “maintenance page” to be displayed in the future, as opposed to a 502 or 503.
I’m getting the same error message with our site: forum.growersnetwork.org
It works fine on iOS but can’t get it to work on Android.
We’re using Cloudflare in case that factors in to the issue.
A similar issue has been solved, worth a read probably: Community not found in App Android Version 7
This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.