Add option to restrict 'using group as an alias' to a specific group

Right now, the permission options for using group as an alias are everyone, nobody, only moderators and admins, and only group members, moderators and admins.

This is pretty good for most forums, methinks. However, in my community we have a group that includes members of our organization’s staff who are not moderators and admins. We also have more groups with subsets of staff e.g. in different offices. Members of the all staff group should be allowed to mention the subset groups, but we can’t do that without giving everyone on the forum that privilege which we don’t necessarily want to do.

So an added option below the pulldown with “Additionally, allow members of these groups to use this group as an alias” would be helpful.

3 Likes

Hello Tobias,
i know that topic is really old, but i am searching for almost the same solution. We want to add some users to a group and want to allow them to mention one special group without beeing a member of that group. How did you solve that problem?

Unfortunately we never solved the problem. We just have the moderator team handle it on a case by case basis. It has not been a big issue.

1 Like