Adding custom global sections to the sidebar?

Is there a way to add the links for Unread, New and Latest in the sidebar? Those are very handy links that are easy to access in the non-sidebar layout but it makes it difficult to access that once the sidebar is enabled (one need to go to All categories and then access it from the top bar).I would like to give users the flexibility to seeing the latest topics, unread topics and topics via the sidebar possibly under the Community tab (along with Everything and My Posts)

1 Like

Yes, you can do that with the + button at the bottom of the sidebar.
For more info:Custom sidebar sections being tested on meta

I have implemented my example of this:

2 Likes

It looks like each user can customize this for their needs, is there way as an Admin where I can put those links for All users by default (or is that still in the works per the comment in the last line)?

Yes, this plugin allows you to create a global section visible to all members of a forum!

This feature is coming soon. Please wait for them to implement that feature.

It is actually ‘here’ - it is just ‘experimental’ at the moment. You’ll find the flag to turn it on in the site settings:

4 Likes

Do you know if it’ll be included in the next release

1 Like

It’s available now as part of the tests-passed branch, and will be part of stable at the next release window. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks. Just to confirm would that be the 3.0.5 release or 3.1 release?

1 Like

It’ll be part of the upcoming 3.1 Stable release.

2 Likes

Just for reference, custom sidebar sections option in the settings menu doesn’t exist anymore. It’s done directly on the sidebar as explained here

2 Likes