Additional email address per user account support

planned

I see the same thing on v2.1.0.beta2 +266; the field appears for Secondary Emails, but no apparent way to add one on the user or admin side.

(Alan Tan) #26

That PR doesn’t add the UI for adding a secondary email so you’ll not be able to do so yet.

Gotcha. Is there an estimate for a release date for the UI portion?

(Elive Linux) #28

Im not sure if im in the correct topic, let me explain the case:

Actually I’m having difficulties to whitelist the domain in DNSBL check page

Basically, they attempts to send an email to postmaster@forum.example.com, but this address doesn’t exist and is not managed (I used this setup Straightforward direct-delivery incoming mail ), so it is received as “rejected” (but seems like it is cut?)

How i can make it to be a real address, or to be forwarded to a specific “admin of the forum” address? I would need to add an additional address to my user profile?

(Michael Howell) #29

It’s definitely not. @staff please move this into its own topic, or into the Staightforward direct-delivery one.

No. There are basically two ways you could fix this.

Forwarding

You could have a separate email service forward into your Discourse mail receiver, so that nobody ever sees your forum’s IP address directly and it doesn’t matter if it’s on a DNSBL or not.

For example, https://forum.bors.tech uses Mailgun. There is a mail-receiver running on there; port 25 is even open to the public. But my reply-to address is set to reply+%{reply_key}@bors.tech, with no forum. in the domain name, and Mailgun has a route that forwards reply+.*@bors.tech to reply@forum.bors.tech.

Add a group

You can configure a Group in Discourse to receive emails to postmaster@forum.example.com. Add only staff to it.

(Christoph) #30

Not at all or is there a way via CLI?

(Leo McArdle) #31

Yep, open the rails console with rails c, and do something like this:

UserEmail.create!(user: User.find_by_username("user1"), email: "user1@example.com")

Secondary Emails with SSO