Admin area topic got likes from regular users

Hi,

I’m using the latest version (2.4.0 beta2) and today a post got liked by non-admin users in the Admin area. I’ve checked the security settings and only admins can reply, create and read posts and also I impersonated the accounts fro the members who liked the post and the Admin Area isn’t visible.

Am I overlooking something, or is this a bug?

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the security tab for your category where the like was made?

4 Likes

The edit history on the topic in question would be useful too on the off-chance it was briefly miscategorized in error.

4 Likes

Thank you for your response.

@eviltrout

@Stephen
The edit history is empty.

2 Likes

This is really unusual. I just reviewed the code and you definitely need to be able to see a post in order to like it. Is there any chance the topic was moved to the admin category after it was liked?

Could you reach out to the user who liked it and ask them what they did?

5 Likes

I asked and I am still waiting for a reply, I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for now.

4 Likes

They replied and they “just saw the post” for a limited time, now they can’t find it. That was also my conclusion when I impersonated the accounts.

Just a shot in the dark here, could it be that a Docker update briefly open the forum during updating? Maybe it’s non-sense what I’m writing, but it’s the only action I can come up with that I was performing around that time.

1 Like

No, there’s no way a docker update would surface content they shouldn’t be seeing. I do wonder if the post was moved or if the topic was recategorized. That’s really the only explanation.

1 Like

I didn’t make the post and the admin member doesn’t remember if it was re-categorized (I think it is) Is there any way I can see this? The edit history is empty.

1 Like

If the edit to change the category was made within the grace period (5 minutes of initial creation) there would not be an edit revision. You’d need to ask the topic creator if that was the case.

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I think it was moved since that post has the only likes from non-admin users, so I consider this post as solved.

2 Likes