Hope this one is fairly self explanatory. Today I attempted to do some data analysis on the Discourse usage. Was trying to compare New Users with Unique Visits with Posts. I went into the admin panel, opened the usage view for each stat, switched the start date, and clicked export.
When attempting to combine the 3 stats in my spreadsheet, I realized that there was different amounts of data for each stat, and found that on days where the stat was 0 (mostly had this issue with new users), no data was listed, and it just “skipped” the date. This required me to manually go through 3 years of dates and add the missing date (with 0 for stat) to allow the data comparison to work.
Expected result: Data should export with all dates within range and 0 where applicable. Much easier to filter out 0s from data than to find missing dates and add them.