Advertising Plugin for Discourse - Serve Ads on your Discourse Forum (Official Endorsed)

faq-material
official

(Vaping Community) #189

Here’s what I use to get the Ads to behave…

.google-adsense.adsense-post-bottom {
    padding: 0 52px;
}

(Pradeep Kumar) #190

Can you kindly share the link to the forum where I can see this live? Would love to implement this on our forum as well. Thank you!

(Jeff Atwood) #191

We have looked at this and we believe it is a bug on Google’s side at the moment. @falco where would we report that to Google?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #192

In the meantime we managed to work around a conflict between one Discourse’s libraries and the updated DFP script. Update the plugin and you should be good to go.

(Vaping Community) #193

Its live at vapingcommunity.co.uk

(Abram Bailey) #194

Mine says it’s up to date, but haven’t updated it ever

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #195

Hmm…I’m not sure what commit that is you’re on. Do you have root access to the server? Can you share the git clone line for the adplugin from your app.yml? (Just the line, don’t share the entire file it has passwords in it.)

(Abram Bailey) #196

So sorry about that @jomaxro, turns out we’d forked it for some reason and forgotten.

(Leah Kramer) #197

This fixed our issue with DFP ads. Thanks very much! :slight_smile:

(Abram Bailey) #198

Us too, thanks @jomaxro for the prompt action on this. Our advertising partners appreciate it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello,

I have the same issue even with the last version of everything:

Is anybody else still have the ads not showing?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #200

@heptoilabas our customers running the plugin (who first reported this to us) have that the issue was resolved with our fix, and we’ve not received any further reports thus far.

(Abram Bailey) #201

Currently working for me… I suspect this may be an issue on the DFP configuration or on the DFP side itself.

(Shane) #203

I have DFP working great but wanted to know if it is possible to serve a particular ad on a specific category or sub-category page?

I’ve set up the key-values in the Discourse Admin:

and in the DFP Line Item but not sure how Discourse will determine a key-value like category=tools in a specific category.

Thanks in advance.

(Neil Lalonde) #204

The category is sent to DFP for targeting as “discourse-category”, so you should be able to use it in your DFP configuration.

(Shane) #205

Thanks @neil that’s exactly what I was looking for. It works great but one thing I noticed is that sometimes I have to do a refresh to get the specific category ad to display or if go to another topic the category ad still displays until a refresh (shift + command + r ).

It appears to be caching.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(Neil Lalonde) #206

Do you see any errors in the javascript console? Can you try using the DFP developer console to look for any problems?

(Shane) #207

No errors at all. I checked the DFP developer console too.

My DFP order has 2 line items setup as “House”. One is “Site Wide” (Synergy Air creative), and the other is “Tools / Tool Kits” (Cleveland Aircraft Tools creative only).

I’m guessing maybe it’s just rotating with the other line item creative in the order. I thought it was kinda odd since the “Site Wide” line item for “Synergy Air” doesn’t have any key-value set nor does it have an active (Cleveland Aircraft Tools creative). I thought when the sub-category page loads (Tools / Tool Kits) that it would only show the line item creative (Cleveland Aircraft Tools) which has the key-value set, but sometimes the Synergy Air creative is displayed.

See:

If you do a Force Refresh you’ll see what I mean.

Any thoughts?

(Neil Lalonde) #208

On the “Tools/Took kits” page, I was getting Synergy Air for all reloads, and then it switched to Cleveland and stayed that way for reloads. That makes sense to me if Synergy Air is allowed to show on any page.

(Shane) #209

I guess I’m a little confused. I need Synergy Air display everywhere except on the “Tools / Tool Kits” category page. If I exclude it from home page “topic list top” it won’t show on the home and other pages besides “Tools / Tool Kits”.

What am I missing?

Should I set the Key-Value in DFP to 'is not" “Tool / Tool Kits” for the Site Wide line item?