Akismet with 1.5.0.beta10 broken?

Akismet plugin and Discourse both up to date.

Going to Admin, Plugins, Akismet (or directly there via the red blob when Akismet has hidden a post) for me renders a blank page and a couple of Javascript errors in the console. Same on both Safari, Chrome on Mac and iPhone.

Clicking around adds a few more errors to the console.

For searchability, they are;

Error: More context objects were passed than there are dynamic segments for the route: adminUser.index
Error: Something you did caused a view to re-render after it rendered but before it was inserted into the DOM.
Error: You cannot modify child views while in the inBuffer state

I don’t think we can repro this on meta can we @neil?

It’s working everywhere I’ve tested it. The error you’re seeing is the opposite of the one I fixed. It used to be “You didn’t provide enough string/numeric parameters to satisfy all of the dynamic segments for route adminUser”, and now it’s “More context objects were passed than there are dynamic segments for the route: adminUser.index”. So 1 is not enough, but 2 is too many. Ummmm.

Odd. That sounds like something is out of sync with something else? I cleared my browser cache(s) completely, but no difference. These are the versions I’m running:

(There’s one new commit now (which is weird since the beta branch usually forwards by a hundred or so at a time?) since 34 minutes ago, but it was up to date at the time of writing.:slight_smile:

Any other plugins that could be interfering?

I don’t think so… This is the complete set:

The three “Github” ones are just things that poll for contributions of various kinds and award badges (based on Sams similar one), so no involvement at all on the rendering side.

Apart from that I have some custom CSS and a custom site header (HTML only, no Javascript anywhere).

Safari is hiding the full URL. :frowning: Can you check that it’s /admin/plugins/akismet? I don’t see why it should be linking to adminUser.index.

Yeah… In Chrome, after just clicking the red notification blob:

Do you want a login to take a look for yourself, in case there’s something stupid I’ve missed?

Yes please. This is me: https://forum.syncthing.net/users/neil/activity

I’ve adminified you.

Hmm I can’t see anything useful.

@eviltrout Is it possible that this code can cause an error on the adminUser.index route, even though it should be linking to the adminUser route?

{{#link-to 'adminUser' post.user_id post.username}}

The new error is Error: More context objects were passed than there are dynamic segments for the route: adminUser.index.

I had to fix that link so it had the user_id and username. But now that page is complaining about too many arguments…

3 Likes

This looks like a mismatch between discourse and the plugin. The commit of discourse is 2ff275e which is 25 days old. I wonder if the adminUser path changed between stable/beta and tests-passed, so your fix in akismet is only compatible with the latest version and not the older ones?

Hmm, I assumed that this was true, but it sounds like the askismet plugin was updated but Discourse wasn’t. @calmh Was there an error when updating Discourse?

Not that I can recall. Was the “up to date” from the web UI not truthful?

We’re seeing this as well with our discourse plugin. I believe Akismet is still functioning though, since I see messages getting processed / deleted in the Akismet states page

I’m seeing a blank Admin page for the Akismet plugin on latest stable (1.4.7)

The error is:
Uncaught Error: More context objects were passed than there are dynamic segments for the route: adminUser.index

I’ve done a full ./launcher app rebuild and while there were some changes applied by the looks of it I still have the same error.

Can you try on latest, we are just about to release a new stable so you are going to be upgrading anyway in a few days.

I don’t think I can use to the Adsense plugin? That normally breaks on major version change.

Which AdSense plugin are you using? It may be up-to-date (I know @eviltrout submitted a PR to at least one of them)