Alert moderators when posts are flagged and increase amount of alerts

I’ve been using the excellent push notifications plugin for a while and would like to see the underlying desktop notifications extended and simplified to make it even more useful.

Apparently you only get notifications of new posts and not likes. I find it unnecessarily confusing that there are two different different notifications systems. It would be much simpler for all the site notifications to create a desktop (and push) notifications as well. Even better if you could choose the type of notifications you want.

Also, it would be great to get notifications for admin stuff like flags and moderation queue. The current implementation of wait at least an hour (usually longer) until you get an email feels very slow when I could get instant push notification instead.

7 Likes

This would be great! I would really like to see this done now that Sam will be giving us very nice notification app. If we can get moderation desktop notifications they can be added to mobile also:)

3 Likes

I think flags and moderation queues would be a fine addition.

The way I see this working:

All staff have an extra per-user pref “Alert me when a post is flagged or added to the moderation queue”. This is default-on for moderators and default-off for admins.

6 Likes

I really like this. What happens to users who are both?

1 Like

moderator should win :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Email takes max 10 minutes, and you can shorten that by modifying the grace period site setting. I have never seen email notifications take an hour. We also expedite email on our hosting with a few other optimizations.

We don’t email on flags though until sitting in the queue for 48 hours.

In particular notify about flags after minimum is 1 hour, and there is no end user control here.

5 Likes