ALL CAPS in topic titles

Is there a way to stop people posting topic titles with ALL CAPS?

This should be fixed by having the site setting “allow uppercase posts” disabled and also making sure the “title prettify” site setting is enabled. Both of these are default values, so maybe one of those has been changed in your forum to allow this? If I try make a topic called “THIS IS A YELLING TOPIC” locally I get the title “This is a yelling topic” after creating the topic.

9 Likes

Aha found it " allow uppercase posts" but this is not selected.

Still I have users who manage to post titles with ALL CAPS.

Any ideas what I am missing?

What about the “title prettify” site setting? Is that enabled?

5 Likes

Yes, that’s enabled.

1 Like

Can you give an example of a title that gets through?

5 Likes

Yes, this was one: “VENDO CUENTA DE INSTAGRAM”

1 Like

Can you share links to some of these topics with all caps? I tried using that exact text here on Meta and my personal Discourse install and it creates a topic sentence-capitalized “Vendo cuenta de instagram”

3 Likes

Sent you an example by PM

3 Likes

The title with the problem is something like “VENDO CUENTA DE INSTAGRAM 1k” so the title is not all caps, “k” is lowercase. If it was “VENDO CUENTA DE INSTAGRAM 1K” (with “k” uppercase) our system would convert it to lowercase.

6 Likes

Interesting, so because we have a sneaky lower case k, the rest of the title managed to get away with UPPER CASE?

1 Like

If you didn’t then titles which include acronyms would be downcased and not make sense.

5 Likes