"Allow badge to be used as a title" - not persisting

I’m pretty sure I mentioned this before (but can’t find the topic now - think Sam said he had fixed it) but the Allow badge to be used as a title option for Regular badges is not persisting - it seems to get reset whenever there is an update.

2 Likes

This is very strange… looking at the seed:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/76c4bc925d2692eb0e258c35f6fdce0b183fb373/db/fixtures/006_badges.rb#L60-L60

All we do is amend the default in the seed file.

@jomaxro can community reproduce this issue?

5 Likes

I wasn’t able to reproduce it right away but since the problem seems to happen after updates, I’ll have a look at again later this week after a couple of deploys :hammer_and_wrench:

6 Likes

Thanks for the report @AstonJ, I can reproduce this now for the Regular and Leader badges :bug:

1. Un-check “Allow badge to be used as a title” and Save. You’ll see that the change persists just fine across hard refreshes:

2. Deploy the site and it’ll reset at the beginning of the deploy (and I think once more at the end):

5 Likes

I’ve also noticed this issue on our forum — the Regular and Leader badges keep getting used as titles, and when I check the settings, this option is active, despite me having already de-activated it a few times. :frowning:

2 Likes

Can confirm that this is happening with us too, every time we bootstrap our forum docker image.

1 Like

This is now fixed in the above PR.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.