Allow site operators to control full name suppression on posts

Do you mean span.username {display: none;} ?

That doesn’t cover cases where Discourse suppressed the full name - there’d be no name at all.

However, once option A is provided then option B will be a single CSS rule.

1 Like

.topic-meta-data .username {display: none;}

Try it on this page using Firebug. Tom_Newsom, kensims, nighware, cpradio, dmitry_fedyuk (etc) display no names at all.

Like I said, once we have option A (no fullname suppression), then option B can be done via CSS… except for cases where no fullname is provided. I can live with that though, as we now have the option to require full names.

2 Likes

I am fine to add an option to unconditionally disable suppression pull request welcome

8 Likes

From version 3.0, my Real Name plugin has an optional Real Name only mode not only for topic pages but for profile pages and usercard popups (mini-profiles) too. It also supports Real Name only mode for Accepted Answer plugin.

This is out of control @dmitry_fedyuk we agreed on a simple solution here, add the site setting and submit a PR, in the future plugging a paid plugin in these kind of spots will be simply deleted

10 Likes

Planned per @ky_metro’s options, if anyone wants to take this, let me know.

8 Likes

OK this can now go off my list:

1. We already amended it so if you prefer name, then name is unconditionally displayed on posts.

So, if prioritize_username_in_ux is false AND … Name is Sam Saffron AND Username is sam.saffron

We will display Sam Saffron

1. For people who do not like the similar username / name suppression I added Removing similar username / name suppression on posts

So, now I will celebrate and close this req on Monday. :man_technologist:t3::wine_glass:

4 Likes

Will this be an option?

Sorry, I did not full qualify the above

I do not want to add another site setting for “never do any suppression”, but the theme component above is fully supported and will work if you really want to unconditionally show both username and name

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.