Allow users to select title from multiple groups they belong to

Are there any plans to make the user’s primary group user-selectable? Right now, only admins (and perhaps mods?) can change it, which occasionally leads to users requesting we change it for them.

Also, I’ve noticed that when a user leaves their primary group, it’s unpredictable which group becomes primary at that point.

6 Likes

Yeah allowing people to select a title from any of the primary groups like they do in the badge title selector sounds reasonable. We should just add the options there and centralise on one list.

7 Likes

@maja, can you change the list of titles a user can choose from (in their account preferences) to also include all the titles from the groups they belong to?

6 Likes

I think we should centralize here… we already have UX for picking title from badges, just need to insert a few more values into that dropdown, I think this change may be 100% doable from the server side only.

9 Likes

May I ask is there any update on this feature?

This feature is complete. You can pick your title.

There is no support to pick primary group yet, we should probably add that cause you should have control of the glyph overlay.

@vinothkannans when you worked on this did you look at making this flexible per user?

3 Likes

Thanks, I see it’s doable now. I was meant to ask is it possible for users to choose their main groups?

Currently we are using groups as a way to show their interest, and sometimes users may join more than one group, but it seems they can’t choose which group is the main group.

Also if they join more than one group, and leave the last joined group, they will lose the avatar. Is it possible to auto select another group as their primary group to show the avatar in this case?

Thanks!

1 Like