Android context menu covers up the composer AI helper

I see it a split second before menu by iPhone hides it. And when I tap pasted text to close that menu then icon will disappear too.

But if flip my phone couple times I see it :woozy_face:

1 Like

I seeā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what we can do about that tbh. Itā€™s working as intended, such a large menu seems unusual. @keegan What do you think?

We can agree we disagree. Because from my point of view that intended work is bad. I just canā€™t say to iPhone owners that they have to play roulette to use AI helper.

I understand, but itā€™s clearly not all iphone usersā€¦ Iā€™ve never seen that menu myself. Is that a browser setting? Something else?

It is from iPhone 15+ on iOS 17.6.1 and same no matter browser (well, I tried only Safari and the Hub). Just ordinary copy, paste etc.

1 Like

K, Im on 17.5 personally. Updating to the latest version to see it in action. Thx

Edit: Nope, still nothing like that on the new version. Tried on hub and safari too.

1 Like

I am on iOS 18 and I am able to see it clearly. Seeing the vertical copy/paste menu I assumed it mustā€™ve been set to ā€œlarger accessibility font sizingā€ [1] So I tried setting it to a very large size but I still see it in the bottom right.

So Iā€™m guessing this is a difference in language? or a combination of accessibility text size and language?

Iā€™m not exactly sure where the best position would be for this popup. We canā€™t hijack the OS copy/paste menu, we canā€™t place it over the keyboard. In the case of how it looks on Jakkeā€™s device it looks like there is a little bit of room if we place it on the top because the menu might always open downwards? However, thatā€™s not the case for when it opens like this:

We canā€™t really cover the toolbar buttons because some might be needed while selecting as well.

We might need to wait for OSā€™s to give us access to tap into the native cut/copy/paste menu till we can make this work best for all these specific cases.

1. *Settings > Accessibility, then select Display & Text Size. ā†©ļøŽ

1 Like

Maybe you could add a button to the gear menu of the composer, so when someone has trouble finding the other one they can use the one in the gear menu instead.

2 Likes

Are you in EU? Very far away from the most plausible explanation but isnā€™t Apple using different version of iOS in and outside EU?

Anyway. There isnā€™t too much to do then.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m in EU, Iphone bought in EU.

Just tried playing with accessibility and large text, which blows up the popup for sure, but still not vertically stacking it.

Yeah sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

May I use f-word? This one time?

We had here a topic or two of thisā€¦ and you just told you have good eyevision or glasses.

Exactly. I have bigger dynamic font size. When I disabled it I got perhaps more familiar view:

So, Thereā€™s nothing to see here, disperse!

Sorry :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.