Approved post causes strange topic unread status

Summary:

I am seeing some strange things on a topic that I recently approved a queued post for. I have a blue unread circle next to the topic, but its text is grey, not black. When on the latest view I see (1) next to unread, but opening the unread view removes the (1) and is empty. In the Users column the wrong user is highlighted as the most recent poster

Steps to reproduce:
Cannot guarantee this works, I have no way of attempting repro on Stonehearth or at try.

1. Have a user’s post in an existing topic enter the Needs Approval queue (this is what I cannot repro…)
  2. Approve the user’s post
  3. Look at topic in Latest view, and unread view

Expected Results:

As post is new, a blue unread circle appears next to topic in latest view, topic title text becomes black, and topic is listed in unread view (all assuming the user is tracking the topic).

Actual Results:

Blue unread circle appears, title text is grey, unread view is empty.

Notes:

I am simply guessing that this bug is caused by the approved post, and very well could be making things up here.

Also, I have made sure to reload Stonehearth without using cached assets, so this shouldn’t be a refresh issue. I also have not opened the topic in case a discourse admin would like me to check something else…

Attachments:

Post as seen on latest view:

Header as seen on latest view:

Unread view:

Users list on Latest:

Topic viewed as anonymous user:

Version:

Discourse 1.5.0.beta10 (discourse.stonehearth.net)

System Information:

Windows 10 Pro, Chrome Stable 48

1 Like

Have not seen this again…had a few posts in the approval queue since then, so the repro steps were followed.

3 Likes