Archiving a Post Voting topic does not freeze voting

To freeze the votes and block users to add or change their votes… is it enough to close the topic or does it have to be archived as well?

2 Likes

I’ve just given it a run through and it seems currently neither option works and something odd happens to the number of replies when archived… :slight_smile:

I’ll investigate further and possibly spin up a bug topic depending on what I find out. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for looking into this!

Ok, good to know. :slight_smile: In the meantime, if keeping the record of the vote for future reference is important, a half-backed solution is to edit the top post and record the final result there for posterity.

3 Likes

I have had a chance to check this out and I can confirm that archiving does not freeze the votes as expected. The posts action time window still affects existing ones, but new ones can be added to both posts/answers, as well as comments. You can also edit comments as well (as non-admin), which would be at odds with not being able to edit posts once archived.

The number of replies changing was down to the hidden small action posts which is a known issue that I had forgotten about. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heya thanks for your report! This is fixed here:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.