Ask.discourse.com - Can't find an announcement here

On another Discourse site checked the What's New and saw

So having been familiar with the many AI bots from Discourse checked to see if it was something different and new and it was.

Was there a single topic in the Announcement category for this? I do not recall seeing one.

1 Like

I think it is kind of beta still.

3 Likes

It was announced in lounge for a quiet opening https://meta.discourse.org/t/help-us-test-ask-discourse-com/324441?u=pfaffman

4 Likes

We announced it to customers via “what’s new” but not yet to all sites. It’s still early days and slightly more tuned for hosted customers at the current time, though of course there is a lot of overlap for most questions.

9 Likes

I don’t have lounge access on this forum but get what you mean.

1 Like

This is an interesting development. I was planning to open a feature topic about giving a persona public/guest access so any visitor can use it. Is this something Discourse would explore, or perhaps related to this silently released test instance?

Each persona has an allowed groups setting, so you can allow anyone to use any persona now.

Sorry should’ve been clearer, I meant anyone as in guests/anons - it would serve use cases like doc-categories, where I don’t expect all readers to register but still want to allow them to chat with the docs.

1 Like

It seems very dangerous to let people who haven’t even logged in, and might not even be people, spend your money.

Ofcourse it needs some IP/cookie based limits. Or even a global safety hard-limit.

I don’t see why spending to improve support experience would be an issue. If you’re hosting docs with Gitbook you’d pay $1200 per year at minimum, that package includes allowing your visitors to chat with your docs. If you’re asking me there is a great opportunity here for CDCK :yum:

Secondly, there are several reports out there about chatbots saving (customer support) costs.

2 Likes

That’s all true. My point is that you don’t know that they are your customer if they are not logged in.

1 Like