Multiple AI bots, and replying in public

I am trying out the AI features and was disappointed with how they work, here’s what I’d ideally like to be able to do:

Multiple AI bots
I’d like user accounts to be able to be assigned to a specific persona, so I could have a different bot for each task.

Reply in public
Just like DiscourseBot can do things like roll dice in public posts, I’d like the bots to be able to reply when mentioned in a public post.

Are any of these features planned with the official AI plugin?

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Replace AI robot header icon

@Shauny I moved this to support since it sounds like you’re looking for help with a few different things. If anything surfaces as a feature request, it’d be best to create a separate topic for each of them.

It is possible to assign a user to a given persona. If you want multiple users, you’d have to create separate personas.

1 Like

Yes if you have them setup properly:

Set up your helper personas and then make sure to add them as users with the “create user” button. also check the “allow mentions” check box too.

I love that it completed the circle and referenced this topic :grin:

2 Likes

@ForumHelperBot - is it possible to have more than one Discourse AI bot persona reply in a topic?

Search

Found 55 results for 'multiple AI bots persona reply public post official AI plugin order:latest status:public'

Search

Found 60 results for 'Discourse AI plugin multiple personas features order:latest status:public'

The Discourse AI plugin does support creating multiple AI bot personas that can be assigned to different tasks. You can find more detailed information on setting up and managing AI personas in the following resource:

• Discourse AI - Personas: This guide explains how to set up and manage AI personas in Discourse, including configuration options, supported commands, and advanced features.

As for having these AI personas reply in public posts, enabling them to respond when mentioned is possible. You need to ensure the “allow mentions” option is checked, so the AI bots can respond when they are tagged in a topic.

You can read more about someone experiencing a similar setup and exploring whether multiple AI personas can respond in a topic in this topic:

If you’re interested in further developments or new features related to the AI plugin, you might want to monitor the Feature tag or specific announcements regarding the AI plugin on Discourse Meta.

1 Like

I wonder if Meta_Helper_bot will answer me: @Meta_Helper_bot - Does Discourse AI support multiple AI bot personas responding on a forum?

Yes, Discourse AI does support multiple AI bot personas. You can set up different personas for various tasks and have them respond on the forum. There are specific configuration options to allow these bots to participate in discussions when they’re mentioned, as outlined in the Discourse AI - Personas documentation.

For actually having these personas actively engage or respond in public posts, it’s necessary to ensure that each AI persona is configured with the “allow mentions” capability. This setup enables your created personas to reply when they are tagged in topics, allowing a diverse interaction across different discussions.

@Meta_Helper_bot I think it is also necessary to make sure that each persona has a user created for it. If the “create user” button is not enabled, then the “allow mentions” setting does not appear.

That’s correct! Each AI persona needs to have an associated user account created for it in order to have the “allow mentions” setting appear. Here’s a quick overview of the setup process:

1. Create a Persona: Use the Discourse AI plugin to define your AI personas as needed.
  2. Create User Account: For each persona, make sure to create a user account using the “create user” button within the AI settings.
  3. Enable Mentions: Once the user account is created, ensure that you check the “allow mentions” option so the persona can be tagged and engage in discussions publicly.

This setup ensures that each AI bot persona can actively participate in forum discussions when mentioned. If configurations aren’t set properly, you might miss out on these functionalities, so double-checking these settings is crucial.

I’ve used three different ones on one topic recently. First, I had a conversation with a DAI persona with very low hallucination. Then I told it to create an o1-mini suitable prompt from that conversation and mention Chatbot who has that ability. And last one was a DAI persona with more creative touch to build a more blog-like summary out of that topic.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, don’t know how I missed the “Create User” button.

Is it possible for me to change the bot icon in the header if I have my own SVG?

I think that question was answered in Replace AI robot header icon

1 Like