Automatic invite approvals as well as approvals for normal signups?

For the Login process, is it possible to have both :

1. Registrations from people invited by a trusted level to be automatically approved, and
  2. Other on site registrations (ie non-invited) needing approval by a moderator ?

I do not see how this is set up at the Settings/Login.

1 Like

You can get close to what you are looking for by enabling the must approve users site setting and setting your min trust level to allow invite setting to “4: leader” to prevent regular users from sending invites.

Users who accept invites sent by staff members will be automatically approved. Users who register with a username/password will need to be approved by a staff member.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the reply Simon. Much appreciated. I will use this info to work around what I want.

I am new to this, but am keen to grow our community quickly through invites from existing members, which I would have liked to have been pre-approved.

I would also have liked to have had the option that non-invited members would need to be approved by moderators.

It would seem to be a sensible way to grow a community, whilst trying to maintain its integrity.

Perhaps I could suggest this as a possible improvement for a future Discourse upgrade.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.