Automatically Add New Users To A Group

the problem with this solution is that TL0 also/always includes TL1 and above. There is no way to target those who are only TL0

I have wanted to have the ability to show content to NEW members for some time, and the way I was thinking of doing this was to have a category, only visible to new members, that includes the most basic materials for getting started, and would eventually disappear (as they are awarded TL1 or maybe TL2)

I can create a category with security settings to show to TL0 but this does not achieve the desired result.

Most settings around Trust Levels are additive, and not exclusive - so you get more and more access, but cannot use increasing trust to hide content that might be ‘noise’

I was thinking that a badge query might help by awarding it to new customers who join, and then have the badge revoked when they no longer qualify (e.g. “member where days since joined < 60”) - are revocation queries run automatically or is this something that we need to add?

Unfortunately, you can’t use badges to limit access, as that belongs to Groups

I know that there have been other thoughts around this (like this: What if badges could optionally synchronize group membership? ) but I can’t find any further developments

Is there another way to achieve this (without a custom plugin, because we’re hosted)?

4 Likes