Okay, I don’t think this is just me any more. I’ve been having this odd experience on mobile and on a desktop for a few days now here at Meta.
Whenever I use the back button on my mobile (Android using Chrome) or if I use the u shortcut on a desktop, I’m occasionally taken to the wrong page (think 2 pages in my history instead of 1 page back in my history).
I don’t have easily reproducible steps other than, use it for a while and see what happens, but here is my typical workflow that causes it (after you use it for a while)
- Navigate to Latest
- Click on a topic
- Read topic, press u
- You should be back to latest
- Click on the same topic you just read
- Press u
- You should be back to latest (but you might not be)
- Click on a different topic
- Perform steps 3-8 again until issue occurs.