Badges on Meta

I love the new icons for the badges on here!:heart_eyes:

I suppose the idea of the default icons are to show that they can be customised? But it looks strange to have badges that look different because of plugins with different icons*. It’d be nice to have them default like they are here and people can change them if they want on their site it makes the badges look more fun. I know I’m probably heading into feature territory

6 Likes

I believe there’s actually a plan to make these updated ones the default icons for everyone. :tada: :slight_smile:

I’m not 100% sure on the timeline or whether they’ll update existing sites, but I’ll see if I can find out more details. :+1:

Actually… checking out my test site it has the new badge icons already :partying_face:

I think I’ve been an idiot and clicked on Meta’s badges and not my test site ones :slight_smile: Checking again my test site ones appear to still be the old ones. :frowning:

5 Likes

Hello,

Yeah this was a great idea to change these icons. I did this on my site too in admin. :slightly_smiling_face: I think this is because of the new user card. The badges section on there only show the icon without hovering and this is a great way to identify the badge. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I only discovered the change because I pressed on someone’s user card and wondered what new badge they had. Turns out it was just the ‘licenced’ badge

2 Likes

For reference, here is a screenshot of the latest badges page to show the new badges (or go to Discourse Meta )

1 Like

Yeah! We should get these out by this week. I’m baking a PR right meow.

9 Likes

Hello,

Can I have a suggestion for the Wiki Editor badge icon? :slightly_smiling_face: Now this is same as the Editor badge.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.11.55
Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.12.11

I think this would describe it much better as this icon is used for wiki posts too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.14.00

Edit: And also if we follow this logic than the Editor badge would be a pencil icon instead of pen. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yes, thanks!

The changes are in core now (along with your wiki editor suggestion), GitHub, and Reactions as well.

5 Likes