Before there was an icon in my text box where I could send images, gifs and videos

And now this icon is gone and I can’t send files anymore, how can I create it again?

like this

You mean in the editor?

Did you try safe mode?

Did you click the gear?

I can access it, but how do I get my members to access it too?

If I use safe mode on your forum and I disable only the themes/theme components, as a regular user, here’s what the composer looks like:

The image icon has the same behavior as the image icon.

So, the issue comes from one of your themes or theme components. Maybe one of them contains an error or it is misconfigured.

And I suppose one of your plugins alters the formatting bar as well.

Or maybe there is some incompatibility between a plugin and a theme component.

2 Likes

By default, the Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 7.09.34 upload icon appears instead of the Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 7.10.58 image icon if you add more file extension to the default ones in authorized extensions site settings.

The default file extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp
This will show the Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 7.10.58 image icon for users.

If you add more file extensions to it: e.g.: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp, pdf
I added pdf and this will show the Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 7.09.34 upload icon for users.

There are two site settings for this:

1. authorized extensions
    (this setting change the uploads for all users)

2. authorized extensions for staff
    (this setting only change the uploads for staff users)

These are the default settings :arrow_down_small:
Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 7.15.45

But as Canapin’s said you may check your plugins / theme components too. Maybe there is a conflict which override the default upload behaviour.

3 Likes

thanks for replying, even though I fixed this, my members can’t upload files to my forum

this option appeared for my members to upload files to the community, but it turns out that now it doesn’t appear for my members anymore, even though I changed things

What’s the value of setting below?

2 Likes