Upload dialog is image only, but file uploads are allowed

Just got a report of an issue at Stonehearth, it seems clicking on the upload button in the post composer toolbar says “Add an image” and “select images from your device” and makes no mention of file uploads. There are multiple file types allowed, any idea why it doesn’t say “Add an image or a file” and list the allowed extensions like here at Meta?

Was the phrase customized in the admin area?

I highly doubt it, but I’m not an Admin so I can’t check. Let me ask someone who can.

Edit: Going to wait for Regis first…

I think this copy appearing depends on the allowed extensions being modified from the default (which are all image based file extensions), can you clarify @zogstrip?

2 Likes

If you select the “from web” radio does the “or file” then display?

On my localhost I’ve whitelisted all extensions (hopefully nobody uploads an exe or bat :wink: )

I get the “or file” but as expected, no extension list…

Nope: still says “Add an image”. Helper text under text field says “link to image”.

1 Like

I just reset Admin -> Files -> authorized extensions to the default
jpg, jpeg, png and gif

Indeed, no “or file” displayed, but there was a list.

I added “pdf”
“or file” displayed as did the extension list.

So if you aren’t seeing “or file” then as posted there are likely only image file extensions authorized.

Why you’re not getting an extension list however, I have no idea.

2 Likes

We definately have more than images allowed, that’s where my confusion is coming from. Without the list, I can’t share everything we added, but I know for a fact .zip, .log, and .dmp are allowed.

That was indeed a :bug:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/9f7b529495f90d44714a77463112df48ce1f24d0

5 Likes

Thanks @zogstrip. Moved this to #bug, will report if this is still an issue after the next business deployment.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.