Install Discourse on macOS for development

While setting up a new M1 MacBook Air, I was unable to run bundle install successfully, getting this error:

An error occurred while installing openssl (2.2.1), and Bundler cannot continue.

This Mac came pre-installed with OpenSSL1.1 and the script installs OpenSSL3.0 through Homebrew. After uninstalling 3.0, bundle install worked as expected.

8 Likes

Hi @alxndr did you ever find a fix?

1 Like

Thank you this was helpful! On OSX Big Sur, at this step

I continually run in to:

An error occurred while installing mini_racer (0.6.1), and Bundler cannot continue.

Iā€™ve confirmed my gcc is up to date, and havenā€™t had any other issues with gemfile or dependencies up to this point. Any ideas?

For more context:

make: *** [mini_racer_extension.o] Error 1

make failed, exit code 2

Gem files will remain installed in /Users/nick.moores/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.1 for inspection.
Results logged to /Users/nick.moores/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/extensions/universal-darwin-20/2.6.0/mini_racer-0.6.1/gem_make.out

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:99:in `run'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:51:in `block in make'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:43:in `each'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:43:in `make'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/ext_conf_builder.rb:62:in `block in build'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/tempfile.rb:295:in `open'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/ext_conf_builder.rb:29:in `build'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:185:in `block in build_extension'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/monitor.rb:230:in `mon_synchronize'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:181:in `build_extension'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:229:in `block in build_extensions'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:226:in `each'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/ext/builder.rb:226:in `build_extensions'
  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/installer.rb:830:in `build_extensions'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/rubygems_gem_installer.rb:66:in `build_extensions'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/rubygems_gem_installer.rb:26:in `install'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/source/rubygems.rb:192:in `install'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/installer/gem_installer.rb:54:in `install'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/installer/gem_installer.rb:16:in `install_from_spec'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/installer/parallel_installer.rb:186:in `do_install'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/installer/parallel_installer.rb:177:in `block in worker_pool'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/worker.rb:62:in `apply_func'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/worker.rb:57:in `block in process_queue'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/worker.rb:54:in `loop'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/worker.rb:54:in `process_queue'
  /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.2.26/lib/bundler/worker.rb:91:in `block (2 levels) in create_threads'
3 Likes

Hi Mark,

Do you mean simply brew uninstall openssl and then re-run bundle install ? On an M1 mba, bundle install still errors out with the openssl 2.2.1 message after doing so.

[edit] ah, I had to add /opt/homebrew/opt/openssl@1.1/bin to PATH. Letā€™s see if this worksā€¦

[edit2] also had to brew install node for ember-cli. Now itā€™s working!

6 Likes

Can you please explain where we need to add this path ? I am facing same issue, details will be very helpful !

2 Likes

export PATH="/usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1/bin:$PATH"

I also had to mess with the mysql gem to get it to build on ARM. I was using mariadb so it was something like this:

gem install mysql2 -v '0.5.3' -- 
--with-mysql-lib=$(brew --prefix mariadb)/lib 
--with-mysql-dir=$(brew --prefix mariadb) 
--with-mysql-config=$(brew --prefix mariadb)/bin/mysql_config 
--with-mysql-include=$(brew --prefix mariadb)/include
6 Likes

To start the rails server
I used rails server instead of bundle exec rails server
the bundle exec rails server gives me an error.

Could not find ā€˜xxx gemā€™ (Even though I have installed the gemā€¦)

What is the difference between bundle exec vs no bundle exec?

1 Like

Have any of you faced this issue while trying the bundle install?

An error occurred while installing openssl (2.2.1), and Bundler cannot continue.

In Gemfile:
  cose was resolved to 1.2.0, which depends on
    openssl-signature_algorithm was resolved to 1.1.1, which depends on
      openssl

and also:

An error occurred while installing mini_racer (0.6.2), and Bundler cannot continue.
1 Like

I donā€™t know exactly if this was the catch, but I ran this command:

gem update --system

After running it, I relaunched the my terminal, and the bundle install worked fine. Didnā€™t have any other issues after that, just followed the guide.

3 Likes

Hi! I am currently trying to run bundle exec rake db:create but I keep getting redis related errors, specially the following:
nil versions are discouraged and will be deprecated in Rubygems 4 Discourse requires Redis 6.2.0 or up
Iā€™ve been working on this all weekend and I am just about ready to retire and take up basketweaving. Any help would be really appreciated!

2 Likes

Sorry youā€™re so stuck.

The ā€œnil versions are discouragedā€ means that it failed to connect and/or get a version from Redis. So itā€™s not that the version is wrong, but that itā€™s not finding it.

Did you install with brew install? (which is in https://raw.githubusercontent.com/techAPJ/install-rails/master/mac that you should have run if you followed these instructions)

I think the thing to do is to go through https://raw.githubusercontent.com/techAPJ/install-rails/master/mac line by line and make sure that stuff worked?

But maybe first, check these things:

Did you do a bundle install before trying to do the bundle exec rake db:migrate? What does ./bin/rake db:migrate do?

2 Likes

Thank you for replying, Jay.
I have run bundle install within the discourse directory and it ran successfully. However, both commands (bundle exec rake db:migrate and ./bin/rake db:migrate) both show the same nil version error.
I have tried installed via brew and I also had the idea of installing it line by line, but still the same error.
Should I try trashing the directory and starting from scratch?

2 Likes

Hey all, i am actually trying to setup discourse on my local system (MacOs)!

Iā€™ve installed all the necessary packages that are needed & listed here.

Now as I try executing the command bundle exec rails server & try to open http://localhost:3000/ , where the app should work, its not showing any result!

Not able to proceed from here on. Tried a lot of things

These are the logs i get after running the above command:

WARNING: Using `bundle exec` to start the server is unnecessary, and will make startup slower. Use `bin/rails s` or `bin/unicorn`.
I, [2022-03-16T19:08:29.394164 #95655]  INFO -- : Refreshing Gem list
Starting CSS change watcher
I, [2022-03-16T19:08:45.218876 #95655]  INFO -- : listening on addr=127.0.0.1:3000 fd=16
   (49.6ms)  SELECT "translation_overrides"."translation_key", "translation_overrides"."value" FROM "translation_overrides" WHERE "translation_overrides"."locale" = 'en'
  Group Load (55.1ms)  SELECT "groups"."id", "groups"."name", "groups"."flair_icon", "groups"."flair_upload_id", "groups"."flair_bg_color", "groups"."flair_color" FROM "groups" WHERE (groups.visibility_level = 0) ORDER BY name ASC, "groups"."name" ASC
   (58.4ms)  SELECT "categories"."id" FROM "categories" WHERE "categories"."read_restricted" = FALSE
   (50.5ms)  SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT 1 AS one FROM "topics" WHERE "topics"."deleted_at" IS NULL LIMIT 16) subquery_for_count
   (53.5ms)  SELECT "users"."id" FROM "users" INNER JOIN "user_auth_tokens" ON "user_auth_tokens"."user_id" = "users"."id" WHERE "users"."admin" = TRUE AND (users.id > 0) ORDER BY user_auth_tokens.created_at LIMIT 1
   (0.6ms)  SELECT "categories"."id" FROM "categories" WHERE "categories"."topic_featured_link_allowed" = TRUE
   (5.2ms)  SELECT "themes"."id", "themes"."name", "themes"."color_scheme_id" FROM "themes" WHERE (id = 1 OR user_selectable) ORDER BY lower(name)
  ColorScheme Load (59.7ms)  SELECT "color_schemes".* FROM "color_schemes" WHERE (user_selectable) ORDER BY "color_schemes"."name" ASC
  ColorSchemeColor Load (43.9ms)  SELECT "color_scheme_colors".* FROM "color_scheme_colors" WHERE "color_scheme_colors"."color_scheme_id" IN (1, 3, 2) ORDER BY id ASC
  ColorScheme Load (3.9ms)  SELECT "color_schemes".* FROM "color_schemes" WHERE "color_schemes"."id" = 1 LIMIT 1
  Category Load (25.2ms)  SELECT categories.*, t.slug topic_slug FROM "categories" LEFT JOIN topics t on t.id = categories.topic_id ORDER BY "categories"."position" ASC
  CategoryTag Load (45.2ms)  SELECT "category_tags".* FROM "category_tags" WHERE "category_tags"."category_id" IN (1, 2, 3, 4)
  CategoryTagGroup Load (36.2ms)  SELECT "category_tag_groups".* FROM "category_tag_groups" WHERE "category_tag_groups"."category_id" IN (1, 2, 3, 4)
  UserField Load (43.7ms)  SELECT "user_fields".* FROM "user_fields" ORDER BY "user_fields"."position" ASC
  Upload Load (51.5ms)  SELECT "uploads"."id", "uploads"."user_id", "uploads"."original_filename", "uploads"."filesize", "uploads"."width", "uploads"."height", "uploads"."url", "uploads"."created_at", "uploads"."updated_at", "uploads"."sha1", "uploads"."origin", "uploads"."retain_hours", "uploads"."extension", "uploads"."thumbnail_width", "uploads"."thumbnail_height", "uploads"."etag", "uploads"."secure", "uploads"."access_control_post_id", "uploads"."original_sha1", "uploads"."animated", "uploads"."verification_status", "uploads"."security_last_changed_at", "uploads"."security_last_changed_reason" FROM "uploads" WHERE "uploads"."id" = -5 LIMIT 1
  Upload Load (1.6ms)  SELECT "uploads"."id", "uploads"."user_id", "uploads"."original_filename", "uploads"."filesize", "uploads"."width", "uploads"."height", "uploads"."url", "uploads"."created_at", "uploads"."updated_at", "uploads"."sha1", "uploads"."origin", "uploads"."retain_hours", "uploads"."extension", "uploads"."thumbnail_width", "uploads"."thumbnail_height", "uploads"."etag", "uploads"."secure", "uploads"."access_control_post_id", "uploads"."original_sha1", "uploads"."animated", "uploads"."verification_status", "uploads"."security_last_changed_at", "uploads"."security_last_changed_reason" FROM "uploads" WHERE "uploads"."id" = -6 LIMIT 1
   (2.1ms)  SELECT "groups"."flair_icon" FROM "groups"
   (45.0ms)  SELECT "badges"."icon" FROM "badges"
  OptimizedImage Load (47.4ms)  SELECT "optimized_images".* FROM "optimized_images" WHERE "optimized_images"."upload_id" = -6 AND "optimized_images"."height" = 32 AND "optimized_images"."width" = 32 LIMIT 1
#<Thread:0x00000001132a3ed8 lib/discourse.rb:988 run> terminated with exception (report_on_exception is true):
/Users/kunalverma/discourse/lib/letter_avatar.rb:105:in ``': No such file or directory - convert (Errno::ENOENT)
	from /Users/kunalverma/discourse/lib/letter_avatar.rb:105:in `image_magick_version'
	from lib/discourse.rb:989:in `block in preload_rails!'
  Permalink Exists? (252.0ms)  SELECT 1 AS one FROM "permalinks" WHERE "permalinks"."url" = 'abc' LIMIT 1
  Permalink Exists? (50.3ms)  SELECT 1 AS one FROM "permalinks" WHERE "permalinks"."url" = 'abc' LIMIT 1
E, [2022-03-16T19:08:48.828448 #95655] ERROR -- : No such file or directory - convert (Errno::ENOENT)
/Users/kunalverma/discourse/lib/letter_avatar.rb:105:in ``'
/Users/kunalverma/discourse/lib/letter_avatar.rb:105:in `image_magick_version'
lib/discourse.rb:989:in `block in preload_rails!'
3 Likes

Looks like you have a problmem with image Magick.

Also, what is supposed to happen is that this keeps running, Then youā€™ll also need to do ./bin/ember_cli (I think thatā€™s it) in another terminal and the point your browser to localhost:4200.

6 Likes

I agree with your point that this should keep running, but thats not the case here! This command gets executed and then exits!
Also, can you pls elaborate a bit more on how can i fix the image Magick issue here. Not able to understand!

Would i have to install image Margick separately, from here?

3 Likes

On M1 MacBook Pro, i want to running discourse, but when i type

,i canā€™t access port:4200

1 Like

Back in November, I ran into the same issue on my M1 iMac and managed to solve it thanks to a brilliant member here.

2 Likes

Hi, I had the exact same issues you did in your post, and Iā€™ve tried
gem update --system

and re-attempting and I still get

An error occurred while installing openssl (2.2.1), and Bundler cannot
continue.

In Gemfile:
  cose was resolved to 1.2.0, which depends on
    openssl-signature_algorithm was resolved to 1.1.1, which depends on
      openssl

Any other ideas? maybe Iā€™ll try gem update --system one more time?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been able to update openssl, but how to get Bundler to use the updated openssl and not the old 1.1.1?

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m trying to setup Discourse on MacOS Catalina (Version 10.15.7) but am encountering an error about no password supplied when I try to run the bundle exec rake db:create.

I had a pre-existing postgres database instance running on my machine prior to my attempted installation of Discourse, I think that could be a factor. How should I resolve this?

Hereā€™s the error stacktrace:

connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Couldn't create 'discourse_development' database. Please check your configuration.
rake aborted!
ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:83:in `rescue in new_client'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:77:in `new_client'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:37:in `postgresql_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:882:in `public_send'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:882:in `new_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:926:in `checkout_new_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:905:in `try_to_checkout_new_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:866:in `acquire_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:588:in `checkout'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:428:in `connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:1128:in `retrieve_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:327:in `retrieve_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:283:in `connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/postgresql_database_tasks.rb:12:in `connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/postgresql_database_tasks.rb:26:in `create'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:133:in `create'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:193:in `block in create_current'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/discourse_dev_assets-0.0.3/lib/discourse_dev_assets.rb:27:in `block in each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:506:in `block (2 levels) in each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:503:in `each'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:503:in `block in each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:502:in `each'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:502:in `each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/discourse_dev_assets-0.0.3/lib/discourse_dev_assets.rb:22:in `each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:193:in `create_current'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:45:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/rake-13.0.6/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/alexfowler/.rbenv/versions/2.7.6/bin/bundle:23:in `load'
/Users/alexfowler/.rbenv/versions/2.7.6/bin/bundle:23:in `<main>'

Caused by:
PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/pg-1.3.5/lib/pg/connection.rb:637:in `async_connect_or_reset'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/pg-1.3.5/lib/pg/connection.rb:707:in `new'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/pg-1.3.5/lib/pg.rb:69:in `connect'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:78:in `new_client'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:37:in `postgresql_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:882:in `public_send'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:882:in `new_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:926:in `checkout_new_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:905:in `try_to_checkout_new_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:866:in `acquire_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:588:in `checkout'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:428:in `connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:1128:in `retrieve_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:327:in `retrieve_connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/connection_handling.rb:283:in `connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/postgresql_database_tasks.rb:12:in `connection'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/postgresql_database_tasks.rb:26:in `create'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:133:in `create'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:193:in `block in create_current'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/discourse_dev_assets-0.0.3/lib/discourse_dev_assets.rb:27:in `block in each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:506:in `block (2 levels) in each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:503:in `each'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:503:in `block in each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:502:in `each'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:502:in `each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/discourse_dev_assets-0.0.3/lib/discourse_dev_assets.rb:22:in `each_current_configuration'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/tasks/database_tasks.rb:193:in `create_current'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activerecord-6.1.4.7/lib/active_record/railties/databases.rake:45:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
/Users/alexfowler/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/rake-13.0.6/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/alexfowler/.rbenv/versions/2.7.6/bin/bundle:23:in `load'
/Users/alexfowler/.rbenv/versions/2.7.6/bin/bundle:23:in `<main>'
Tasks: TOP => db:create
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
3 Likes