Blank login and signup page

This is a fresh installation. However. The login page doesn’t show.

A random page that doesn’t exist like https://forum.coinut.com/dflkadjf has something.

I tried to reinstall but the result is the same.

Can someone help?

2 Likes

What type of server is Dedicated or VPS installed on?

1 Like

It’s a digital ocean Ubuntu 18.04 LTS instance.

I installed by checking out github to /var/discourse and setting up.

2 Likes

You looked at the main page of your site and found that you did not complete the installation steps yet! You must add the name of the manager and password and complete the registration

1 Like

You successfully added administrator information: Check your email

Admin

Change the password if you enter it for your site

1 Like

you did not enter all the info that was required when you installed it.

you will now need to edit the app.yml file and rebuild before you can use it

1 Like

I did.

Here is the activation link

But it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

follow this link to add an admin account to your installation

1 Like

Followed the steps and created the account. Now the home page is still blank.

1 Like

which install did you follow ?

this one is the recommended one

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

4 Likes

Nothing special was configured. But the docker is behind nginx. I tried to use ssh -D8080 server_address to open a proxy and used a browser to directly visit the docker instance to by pass nginx. It’s the same result.

1 Like

It seems to be something related to our nginx’s pagespeed module.

1 Like

I followed Discourse refused to load with CSP policy error after rebuild and disabled CSP.

Now there are less errors. But the home page is still blank. And the errors are like these:

2 Likes

The reason was that https://forum.coinut.com/assets/ember_jquery-d0ba1603b80181031290e4bd850857d41d63bc4a081d7b4bf16d4e1a4e355a22.js was truncated by nginx. I turned off pagespeed and purged cache on cloudflare. Now it works.

1 Like

Be aware that Cloudflare isn’t recommended with Discourse:

1 Like

If you put the site behind nginx you weren’t following the standard install guide. Pagespeed isn’t supported.

Nothing should be allowed to manipulate the page content. Discourse is a JavaScript application, not a website. It isn’t compatible with third party optimizers such as pagespeed or CloudFlare’s Rocket Loader.

That’s an interesting concept. But as long as nginx or pagespeed or CloudFlare do not violate the HTTP protocol, they should work well together?

Discourse already minifies the JS and optimizes the page. Other attempts to do so aren’t supported or compatible.

Once the JavaScript app has loaded, the data transfer is minimal. Pagespeed can’t help you there.

That sounds great. How about CloudFlare as a CDN? Wouldn’t that help to lower the response time and save traffic?

S3 will save you traffic if paired with a CDN.

Inserting Cloudflare in the route between client and server increases the network hops and slows down request/response times.

Remember that the payload between client and server is nearly never something that can be cached.