Blue post notices ... really necessary?

gotta love the members that totally blow off another members’ kind, simple request.

2 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t think I was the only person who felt like this (as suggested earlier) but understand you have come round to the idea. I’ve taken on board what you and other members have said.

3 Likes

Can’t take a joke? :frowning:

1 Like

When this feature was first introduced it was off putting to a lot of members of the forums I use. Since the forums are tied to an educational/learning website, the banner was kind of like an announcement to everyone saying that they potentially stopped using the software for a while (only potentially because not everyone uses the forums regularly).

After a while it kind of just faded into the background though. Most of the time it’s just ignored, except for the occasional response welcoming a new member. Can’t say I’ve seen anyone comment negatively about them in a while.

4 Likes

I’m surprised this is so divisive! I’ve yet to really pay these notices any mind, honestly.

2 Likes

Me too, I’m glad I asked now, it appears it is not as black and white as some people think. Which makes sense as they are blue! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

As those banners are of regular sentences shouldn’t we NOT using any abbreviations?
Specifically, I have seen some quite strange durations like 5mon with this word cut and lack of spacing.

I think we should see fully spelled 5 months (not necessarily five months), no?

5 Likes

I actually agree with you on that one. We have the room on that banner and it is rare enough that duplication is not an issue.

Edit: that change has been complete for some time.

8 Likes