Bug - increasing "max assigned topics" doesn't help

I had default value for “max assigned topics”. One of the employees reached this limit, so I couldn’t assign anything to him. Then I found the setting, changed it to 100, and can’t assign anything to him yet, only error message changed.
Please take a look at screenshots below.

1 Like

Could you please help me?

1 Like

I am unable to reproduce this on try.discourse.org. With default site setting, assigned topics until the user reached the limit. I then changed the site setting to 15, saved it, refreshed the page, and attempted to assign the user to a topic. It worked.

1 Like

Thank you for quick response.

Nevertheless problem is still here for my installation. What should I do to investigate the problem?

1 Like

First step: confirm both Discourse and the Assign plugin are fully up to date.

1 Like

Did it right now, the problem is still here.

Unfortunately I can’t think of any other suggestions. Without being able to reproduce the issue, it’s hard to come up with ideas.

2 Likes

@jomaxro

Although the user has no topics assigned . Unable to assign to user . Refer images below

Hi @Srinivas_Chilukuri1 :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to replicate this, and the only way I’ve managed so far is if I assign a test user the maximum number of topics, and then move them all to a category they don’t have access to. This shows their assigned page empty (from their view), while also allowing them to still be selected from the assign dropdown (which then pops the message that they’re already at their limit).

Does this sound like it could be similar to your situation?