Bad group assignment count

When you initially navigate to one of our groups, you get an assignment count of 50:

Click through to see what’s assigned, and the number adjusts to a lower number:

But sum the individual assignments & you get back to the original number:

Now, if I navigate back to the default group page, the count is updated to 30 - for a while. Attend a meeting & then go back to the group page and it all starts again at 50. In the words of one of our staff users:

This is boring and confuses us in our community meetings… is there a way to fix this?

4 Likes

Ping…

This is still happening, only now the numbers are 56 and 31

2 Likes

This is still happening.

When I first go to the group, 44:

Okay, let’s see the assigned threads, 38:

But no, it does actually add up to 44, despite the big, bold ‘38’ at the top:
Selection_830

2 Likes

Thanks @ganncamp, I can reproduce this easily internally as well. We will look into fixing the issue in the next few weeks.

6 Likes

I did a quick repro of sorts which can probably help solve the issue

1. create authors
  2. Topic A, assign steaky.
  3. Topic B, assign omaoma.
  4. Reply in topic B, assign chi.west to the post.

The highlighted “Assigned (2)” goes briefly from “Assigned (3)” then back to “Assigned (2)”. I think it’s fighting itself :face_exhaling:

I think we can go about this based on “total number of assignments” rather than “how many topics were assigned”.

Let’s see if I can get this in…

4 Likes

I’ve got one fix in regarding the number in the nav. The PR description shares the scenario

John can be assigned to topic_id: 1, and Jane can be assigned to a post within topic_id: 1. This will result in 1 assignment rather than 2.

This just got merged so I’ll give this a few days to see how we’re doing.

4 Likes

I’m still seeing this bad behavior:

Initial count: 63. Clicking on ‘Assigned’ changes it to 30, but the actual total is 63

3 Likes

The fix isn’t available in your community yet — our team is planning an update for soon. Will let you know.

5 Likes

Hi G Ann,

The site has been deployed so the fix should now be in place. Please let us know whether or not that resolves the issue for you.

Mark

1 Like

Thanks!

It’s better, but still not quite right:

And in case it helps, I think the one-off is probably the one assigned to the group itself:

2 Likes

Gotcha. This surely helps. Stay tuned for a fix.

6 Likes